SELC highlights key benefits of Route 29 Solutions in Charlottesville
Visit LetsGo29.org and check out SELC’s new slideshow highlighting some key benefits of the upcoming improvements to Route 29 in Charlottesville. Follow along with “Charlotte” as she uses new routes and an improved Route 29 to get her errands done easier and get home faster.
Route 29 Solutions is a funded and approved package of improvements to ease congestion and give drivers more options to access businesses and services in the Charlottesville-Albemarle area:
- New parallel routes create more options for reaching shops and services on Route 29.
- An overpass at Rio Rd. untangles traffic knots at one of the busiest intersections.
- Lane improvements address the bottlenecks getting onto the 250 Bypass and near Forest Lakes neighborhood.
- New bicycle and walking paths connect up to Hollymead Town Center.
- State-of-the-art traffic light synchronization smooths traffic flow.